Mini Grant Winners!
Here are the 5 Compassionate Birth Network partners who were awarded Mini grants April 1. Read a synopsis below all images to learn how the grants from GFH will be used. Congrats!
The five winning project ideas include (in order of above photos):
* Complete midwifery kits for midwives in training, who will graduate soon from the MamaBaby Haiti midwifery school attached to the birth center; helps to launch new midwives
* Funding curriculum development for a new Ikiama Nukuri advanced workshop for indigenous (Achuar, Shuar) maternal health promoters in the Ecuadorian Amazon
* Grant-writing workshop in Haitian Kreyol language for Hispanola Health Partners' local staff, with the goal of helping the clinic become self-sustaining
* Advanced obstetrical models to train Midwives for Haiti (Haitian) midwifery students, grads and local birth attendants called "Matwons"
* Supporting Luna Maya Midwifery Center infrastructure through funds for clinical monitoring and information management; part of their plan for long-term sustainability in both locations.
We're delighted to provide modest funding to these partners for such innovative activities!